EricaO

Frackistan: The Promise and Peril of America’s Energy Revolution
Russell Gold
Savaging the Dark
Christopher Conlon
The End-of-Life Handbook: A Compassionate Guide to Connecting with and Caring for a Dying Loved One
David B. Feldman, S. Andrew Lasher, Ira Byock
Final Journeys: A Practical Guide for Bringing Care and Comfort at the End of Life
Maggie Callanan
Dances in Two Worlds: A Writer-Artist's Backstory
Thordis Simonsen
Tigers in Red Weather
Liza Klaussmann, Katherine Kellgren

My Life as an Experiment: One Man's Humble Quest to Improve Himself by Living As a Woman, Becoming George Washington, Telling No Lies, and Other Radical Tests - A.J. Jacobs I'm not sure why A.J. Jacobs has been off my radar all this time! I'm glad I found him.
I read this book in one day and chortled the entire time, much to the dismay of my husband who didn't really want to know what I was reading but couldn't help himself from asking, "What?" in a resigned voice every time I laughed.
I admire Jacob's curiousity and follow-through. I've got the first half but haven't had the second half since high school. I love that he has the energy to research and then carry-out his "what ifs." It's inspiring!
My heart goes out to his wife, Julie, because her responses often echoed what I think I'd say if my husband were to live these types of experiments on a regular basis.
Also - if you've read my other reviews, you know this is a big deal for me - he cites plenty of references and is even kind enough to provide Washington's list of 110 ways to be civil! I didn't fact-check anything he wrote to make sure he wasn't making stuff up, but because he openly says where he got his data or where he started researching information, I totally believe he is an incredible researcher and journalist. I'm sure there's a bias for that.
Part of me wishes I knew this guy in real life so I could invite him to parties and he'd tell fascinating stories that would enrich the lives of all my guests. Mostly, though, I'm glad I don't know him in real life because while he's fun to read, I feel he might be exhausting in person.
I'm definitely going to read his two other books.