EricaO

Frackistan: The Promise and Peril of America’s Energy Revolution
Russell Gold
Savaging the Dark
Christopher Conlon
The End-of-Life Handbook: A Compassionate Guide to Connecting with and Caring for a Dying Loved One
David B. Feldman, S. Andrew Lasher, Ira Byock
Final Journeys: A Practical Guide for Bringing Care and Comfort at the End of Life
Maggie Callanan
Thordis Simonsen
Tigers in Red Weather
Liza Klaussmann, Katherine Kellgren

White Horse

White Horse - Alex Adams, Emily Durante I didn't even get an hour into this before I had to give up. It started with all the stuff I don't like - I'm actually surprised there wasn't a love triangle right there waiting as soon as it started. Ok, there was but it came in the form of two rapists and their blind girl.

However, it was choc-full of bad analogies and metaphors and other fun little things. In addition, it was told in both the "Now" and "Then" perspective but each perspective was in present tense so the reader gets to live each side of the mysterious illness as it happened, jumping back and forth between the two.

The poor little blind girl lamenting her father-the-rapist's health as they left the man behind with bruised testicles was the final straw. There's no way this is going to work out to anyone's benefit and I have a LOT of other books in my To Read list so I'm just going to go ahead get a move-on.